What is a labiablasty procedure?
Labiaplasty is a surgical procedure to trim and shape the vagina’s outer lips (labia majora), inner lips (labia minora) or both. The labia majora are the parts of the labia on the outside of the body. The labia minora are the inner flaps of skin that cover the clitoris and vagina. The labia may be asymmetrical or elongated as a result of genetics, sexual intercourse, childbirth or the aging process.
Why consider a labiablasty?
The anatomy of the external female genitalia can vary significantly. Like breast size, the desired appearance will vary by individual preferences.
The best candidates for labiaplasty are healthy women who are either experiencing embarrassment, sexual dysfunction, or pain because their labia (labia minora) are oversized or asymmetrical. The purpose is to reduce the size and improve the outside appearance.
What kind of results should I expect from the Columbus labiablasty procedure?
- Boost self-confidence
- Reduce discomfort caused by clothing
- Improve the appearance of the vagina and vulva
- Reduce discomfort during intercourse and exercise
What is recovery from a labiablasty procedure like?
- Resting the day of surgery is recommended
- Patients may experience minor discomfort and mild swelling
- Patients should abstain from sexual activity for several weeks due to the sensitivity of the repair.
- Return to work within a few days to one week, depending upon your activity level
If you have any questions about Financing your Labiaplasty procedure, please visit our financing page. Call Columbus Aesthetic & Plastic Surgery for an appointment today at 614.246.6900 or request a consultation.