Dr. Vasko was a pleasure to meet and made me feel very comfortable. She spent a lot of time with me explaining my problem and how she could help to fix me up! Her expertise was shown in every aspect! I truly felt that trust from the start.
What is a mommy makeover?
A mommy makeover is a combination of cosmetic surgical procedures that can help women to reclaim their bodies after they have finished having children and possibly breastfeeding. The particular combination of procedures you receive will depend on your unique aesthetic goals, and can address multiple areas of the body, even the face! Some of the most common mommy makeover procedures are:
- Breast Augmentation: If your breasts have lost volume, implants can increase or restore the size and shape of your breasts.
- Breast Lift: Your surgeon will reposition and reshape the breast tissue, surgically remove excess skin, and adjust the position of your nipples and areola.
- Tummy Tuck: Addresses excess skin, poor skin elasticity, and fat while tightening your inner girdle.
- Mini Tummy Tuck: Less extensive and typically doesn’t require as much downtime as a traditional tummy tuck.
- Liposuction: If pregnancy padded your hips or love handles, body contouring through liposuction can slim and reshape by removing excess fat deposits.
- Body Lift: As you age, your body may lose some of its tightness. A body lift can enhance the shape and tone of your abdomen, buttocks, and thighs.
- Blepharoplasty: Improves the appearance of your upper eyelids, lower eyelids, or both, and can rejuvenate the appearance of the area around your eyes.
If you’re interested in reversing the effects having kids has had on your body, a mommy makeover might be right for you.
Schedule a consultation today to learn more.
Mommy Makeover FAQs
Preparing for a mommy makeover…
● What does a mommy makeover consist of? Mommy makeovers are a combination of at least two surgical procedures designed specifically for you. The most common procedures that can be part of a mommy makeover include breast augmentation, breast lift, tummy tuck, and liposuction.
● When to get a mommy makeover? The best time to get a mommy makeover is once you are certain you’re done having kids and, ideally, after you’re done breastfeeding. Ideal candidates are at a healthy, stable weight, have realistic expectations about their outcomes, and can take two days to three weeks off to recover, keeping in mind that it might be several months before you’ll see final results.
● How much does the mommy makeover cost? The cost of a mommy makeover is determined by the combination of procedures you’re interested in. If you come in for a consultation, one of our board-certified plastic surgeons will be happy to discuss your needs, provide a recommendation, answer any questions you may have and provide you with an exact quote!
● Is the mommy makeover worth it? 96% of patients at RealSelf say a mommy makeover is worth it. Patients have said they have renewed confidence after their mommy makeover.
● How painful is a mommy makeover? Like any surgery, there will be some discomfort as your body heals. Your doctor will give you instructions regarding your post-operative care, including pain management.
● How long is mommy makeover surgery? The length of your surgery depends on the surgical procedures that have been decided on by you and your doctor. Most mommy makeover procedures last 2 to 5 hours.
Paying for a mommy makeover…
● Will my insurance pay for a mommy makeover? There may be exceptions, but in most cases insurance does not cover a mommy makeover.
● Do I need to lose weight before a mommy makeover? This will vary for each patient, depending on your goals and circumstances. This can be discussed with you during your consultation with one of our board-certified plastic surgeons.
Recovering after a mommy makeover…
● How long is mommy makeover recovery? Typically, your CAPS board-certified plastic surgeon can perform multiple procedures at the same time, which consolidates your downtime and recovery. Recovery from a mommy makeover can require anywhere from two days to three weeks of downtime after the surgery. You may also need to avoid heavy lifting depending on what procedures are being performed.
● How do you sleep after mommy makeover? This will be determined by the procedures that are done for your mommy makeover. Your surgeon and their team will give you unique instructions for your sleeping after your procedures.
● Do you lose weight after mommy makeover? While a mommy makeover is not a weight loss procedure, you may lose weight since excess fat may be removed during liposuction and/or a tummy tuck.
Your doctor will be able to answer all your questions tailored to you and your body. You can get more information by scheduling a consultation today.
Why choose CAPS for your Mommy Makeover
Our plastic surgeons combine artistry with experience to provide truly impeccable, natural results. Doctors Treece, Vasko, Heck, Wakelin, and Angelos are all members of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS), the American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS), and Fellows of the American College of Surgeons. Due to the demand for our decades of experience, innovation and highest-quality patient care, we’ve added a sixth plastic surgeon to our team—Dr. Jason Hehr, a graduate of Wright State University Boonshoft School of Medicine and The Ohio State University College of Medicine. Every aspect of our facilities has been designed with two goals in mind: complete functionality and your absolute comfort.
With two locations in central Ohio, our patients travel from all over the state to experience our cutting-edge facilities. We offer no charge concierge services to help curate your perfect stay – and we’re an easy drive from the Dayton, Cleveland and Cincinnati areas.
Dr. Heck is extremely courteous and professional and puts a patient at ease quickly. There was no doubt I was in very capable hands.
Financing my procedure
Special financing every time you use it. Low monthly payment options. No up-front costs or pre-payment penalties. To learn more about financing your procedure, please visit our financing page.