- Bioidentical hormone restoration, including hormone pellet therapy
- Nutrition and fitness
- Nutrition optimization including gut health and micronutrient support
- Lifestyle medicine focusing on nutrition, stress management, sleep and physical activity to prevent and treat chronic disease
- Functional medicine
- Nutrient optimization with IV therapy and nutrient injections
Emily Kauffeld is a Certified Family Nurse Practitioner and currently practices functional medicine in the Wellness Center at CAPS.
She came to CAPS with over five years of nursing experience with Ohio Health where she worked on a cardiovascular step-down unit. She received her Bachelor of Science in Nursing at Otterbein University. She then went on to complete her Master of Science in Nursing with Ohio University. She takes a comprehensive and natural approach to healthcare with a goal of getting to the root cause of your problems. She has a passion for taking the time to truly get to know her patients and their needs and helping them lead happier, healthier lives by decreasing risk factors for chronic illnesses and creating health for life. She has special interests in preventative medicine, overall wellness, hormone and nutrient optimization, stress management/adrenal fatigue and nutrition. She enjoys helping her patients feel like their best self!
- Mastering Protocols for Hormone Replacement Therapy, Foundation for Care Management, Part I, 2021
- Advanced Practice Registered Nurse: State of Ohio
- Family Nurse Practitioner, American Academy of Nurse Practitioners
- Registered Nurse: State of Ohio
- Master of Science in Nursing, Ohio University, 2019-2021
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing, Otterbein University, 2012-2016