Plastic Surgery Terms
Below is a list of common plastic surgery terms and procedures. For additional information please contact Columbus Aesthetic & Plastic Surgery and schedule a consultation with one of our award winning plastic surgeons.
- Breast Augmentation Surgical procedure in which breast implants are place in a strategic are to increase fullness and projection of the breasts or to improve their symmetry.
- Liposuction Removal of excess body fat through plastic surgery
- Vaser LipoSelection A liposuction technique that uses ultrasound energy to target, breakup, and remove only problem fat while leaving adjacent healthy connective tissue intact.
- Tummy Tuck A procedure that removes excess fat and skin while restoring weak abdominal muscles to create a flat and tone looking stomach.
- Body Contouring Procedures A term that describes a wide range of body shaping procedures including Tummy Tuck, Liposuction, and post weight loss surgery that can be used in conjunction or separately to create a more desirable body shape.
- Mommy Makeover A combination of body contouring procedures that help restore youthful looking appearances and provide an improved silhouette to patients that have recently had children.
- Male Plastic Surgery Procedures Cosmetic surgery procedures such as liposuction, certain facial procedures, Botox, and others that are popular or beneficial to men.
- Skincare Services A broad term used to describe a wide range of procedures that help improve the appearance, health, and feel of skin; usually on the face. These can include procedures such as chemical peels, facials, permanent makeup, laser skin treatments, and laser hair removal.
- Botox A prescription medical product that can be injected into muscles and used to improve the look of moderate to severe frown lines between the eyebrows (glabellar lines) in adults for a short period of time.
- Breast Reconstruction A procedure that removes excess breast fat, glandular tissue and skin to achieve a breast size in proportion with your body and to alleviate discomfort associated with overly large breasts.